GUIDELINE ON HELB APPLICATION
1. FIRST TIME APPLICANTS
- During application you will be required to pay a shilling, this is normally done to confirm
- that the phone number you have applied with belongs to you.
- Do not apply with a phone number that does not belong to you, otherwise, the application will not be successful.
- Once you get the one shilling payment confirmation, your application is not yet complete, you need to go back even using the USSD code and complete the application.
- Upon successful completion of the application you are supposed to get a confirmatory message.
- If no confirmatory message has been sent you need to apply again. There is no harm in doing it again, your details will not be captured twice and you will always get a message that you have already applied.
2. DOS AND THE DONTS OF THE SECOND AND SUBSEQUENT LOAN APPLICATION VIA THE MOBILE APP
- Make sure you use a Safaricom line that is registered under your name ii. Wait for at least two minutes for verification
- If the App is blocked after several attempts in getting the verification code, wait for thirty minutes for the App to automatically unblock you
- While generating a PIN, make sure you use a PIN you can always remember
- Ensure you are always using the latest App version
- Don’t attempt to get the verification code many times, this will block the App
- Don’t share your PIN
- Don’t use different mobile phones throughout the application process, the App will blockyou
- Don’t make several M-Pesa payments. Pay Kshs.1 only once for validation of your telephone number and wait for message from HELB acknowledging your payment. Then proceed with the application
- Don’t panic if your details read “employed” yet you are not. Kindly click on “account” then change status to “unemployed” to proceed
GUIDELINE ON RAISING FEES
1. County Bursary
Pick your forms from your county education offices. Fill all the required details and if you need any assistance from the university we will gladly assist.
Be on the look-out for these opportunities within your communities and circle of friends. These particular avenue requires you to read widely.