Requirements for admissions at KAG EAST University
Applicants should be holders of a bachelor’s degree form an accredited University recognized by the Commission for University Education.
- Bachelor’s Degree Courses: Minimum of KCSE Grade C+ (plus) or its equivalent or C/C – (Minus) with a Diploma from a recognized institution.
- Diplomas: Admission to Diploma Courses shall be based on any of the following minimum qualifications: KCSE mean grade C/C – (Minus) or Form 4 leaver with KCSE mean grade D + (plus) and below and a certificate from a recognized institution.
- Certificate Courses: Admission to Certificate Courses will be based on the following minimum qualifications: A form leaver with KCSE mean grade D +.(Minus) and below
Admission Requirements for International Students
KAG EAST University welcomes foreign students to attend the university. The following admission requirements will be adhered to:
- An official translation of academic records (where applicable) done by a recognized body prefferably their respective embassies.
- An official test score of English (TOEFL) or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English will be required for applicants whose language of instruction is not English.
- An overall requirement of C+ at KCSE, if the applicant schooled in Kenya, or an equivalent of this, as will be determined by the Senate directed by CUE program qualification guidelines
- An international English proficiency certificate such as TOEFL, GMAT or SAT will be a substitute to this English proficiency Test.
Candidates for admission will give a two-page double spaced essay addressing the topic: What experiences led you to select your professional objectives.
Transfer Students/Credit Transfer
Information on transfer Students/ Credit transfer can be obtained on request from the admissions office.
Procedure of Application for Admission for Undergraduate
Each applicant for admission to KAG EAST University will submit to the Academic’s registrars Office the following items:
- A non-refundable application fee as specified in the current fee schedule of the institution. All payments will be as per the financial policy.
- A duly filled application form at least a month before the start of each semester.
Procedure of Application for Admission for Post Graduate program
KAG EAST University will admit applicants who meet any of the following minimum university requirements:
- A GPA of 3.0 in a relevant area of study.
- Certified copies of all degree certificates and transcripts. Original certificates shall be presented to the Academic Registrar for verification.
- Certified Copies of the National Identity Card and/or Passport, and Birth Certificate. Originals shall be presented to the Academic Registrar for verification.
- Two-page double spaced essay outlining your achievement, reasons for applying for the post-graduate program and your expectations of the program.
- Curriculum vitae/resume.
- Three referees, one of which should be from your current local church Pastor is mandatory.
- Two recent passport size photographs (Write your name on reverse side).
International student applications
- An official translation of academic records (where applicable)
- An official test score of English (TOEFL) or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (required for applicants whose language of instruction is not English).
- A current financial guarantee letter (from your financial sponsors).
- Provide an acknowledgement slip of Application for student Pass from Immigration department.
- Two recent certified passport size photographs (Write your name on the reverse side)
- Certified copy of the Applicants Passport. Originals shall be presented for verification by the academic registrar.
- Certified copy of the Sponsor’s National Passport.
- Certified copy of relevant Bank Statement.
- All certified recommendation letters from three referees shall be sent directly to email@example.com
- All official transcripts shall be sent directly to the Academic Registrar.
An admissions offer may be postponed or rescheduled on grounds specified below:-
- An applicant who is unable to take up the offer of admission will be required to inform in writing the Academic Academic Registrar at least one week prior to the date of registration.
- An applicant who fails to inform the Academic Registrar of his/her deferment of admission will be deemed to have forfeited his/her position and will be deregistered from the course admitted to.
- An official letter of deferment of admission from the Academic Registrar shall be issued as a confirmation of deferment and a copy placed in the student’s file.
For more information on admissions write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org