VICE CHANCELLOR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
KAG EAST University is a private Christian university committed to preparing students for life and ministry in the dynamic African context. The university provides a Christian instructional environment where education and spiritual development is carried out by mature; God-fearing academic staff. KAG EAST University is a Pentecostal Training Center, where we believe in Shaping Servant Leaders, For Strategic Global Impact, Through Spirit-Empowered Life and Ministry
KAG EAST University seeks to recruit a committed Christian with strong biblical values, highly motivated, performance driven, and innovative person to fill the position of Vice Chancellor.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will work under the general direction of the University Council and will be responsible for the following;
• Direct, promote and co-ordinate all the programmes and activities of the university;
• Articulate and periodically review the University’s policies;
• Assume administrative responsibilities for the day to day running of the University and its management;
• Preside over the Senate and the Board of Management in accordance with the Statutes;
• Be responsible for the general welfare, conduct and discipline of staff and students;
• Work collegially with the personnel of the University of the realization of its objectives;
• Carry out any other duty as may be assigned by the University Council in furtherance of the University mission, objectives and core functions’
The following core competencies and skills will be required for the position of the Vice Chancellor:
• Ability to portray and uphold positive national image and work in a multi-cultural and multiethnic Christian Training environment
• Being a visionary and result oriented thinker;
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
• Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines; and
• Firm, fair and with transparent management style.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• The successful candidate will have the following qualifications;
• Born again, committed and mature Christian who is active in his or her church, developing and mentoring others.
• An academic Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree from a recognized university.
• Extensive writing and research supported by publications
• Considerable institutional leadership and management experience at senior level, preferably at a university or other institution of higher learning.
• Experience in strategic management and good corporate governance principles
• Experience in financial management
• Demonstrable ability to lead programmes, take initiative, multi-task and meet project deadlines and work within budgets
• Excellent writing, communication, analytical, networking, organizational, team-working and interpersonal skills.
• Be an accomplished scholar with proven track record in formulating and managing academic programs and be qualified to supervise and mentor master’s and PhD students;
• Have a proven track record of research and publications in peer reviewed journals, monographs and books;
• Have demonstrable experience in networking, fundraising and resource mobilization;
• Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on Leadership and Integrity; and
• Have a demonstrable experience in transformative and strategic leadership.
Terms of Appointment
The Vice Chancellor shall be appointed for a term of 5 years renewable only once after satisfactory review.
If you possess the above qualifications and have the drive to meet the challenges, send your application under confidential cover and should include application letter, a detailed CV, a short statement of your vision for KAG EAST University and name and addresses (include telephone and email) of three referees.